Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: You Cannot Control Where Google Crawls You From
We know Google almost always crawls from the United States of America. But sometimes Google can send out its army of bots from other regions. You can not explicitly request Google to crawl from a specific region or location. Google does this on its own. Of course, you can try to block GoogleBot but that is not safe.
- Google Will Automatically Delete Your History Over Time
Google announced yesterday that instead of just giving you the option to set your deletion settings to happen, it will do so for you. Instead of defaulting to not deleting your Google history, Google will set your search data to delete after 18-months, YouTube data after 36-months, etc.
- Google To Sunset Google Partners Acceleration Program
Google is sending out emails that it will be sunsetting, discontinuing, the Google Partners Acceleration program on June 30, 2020. The email says “We are sunsetting the Acceleration program. The program will officially end on June 30, 2020. This is why we’d like to invite you to redeem your points for some of your favorite prizes.”
- Google Tests Star Rich Results With Only One Star Icon
Google is testing showing just a single star icon for the star rich results, even if the rich results should show multiple stars. This was spotted by Vlad Rappoport and here is the screen shot he posted on Twitter.
- Google Ads Tools: Test My Site, Feeds In App, Deep Linking & Ad Destination Report
Google announced a bunch of new or updated tools from the Google Ads side yesterday. These include an updated test my site portal, feeds in app campaigns and deferred deep linking, deep linking expansions and a new ad destination report.
- Video: Google Dublin Outdoor Swing
We have covered tons of varieties of swings at Google and we even covered the swings outside of the Google Dublin office. But here is a vide of someone using this swing. The photo is from a couple of
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Also a good reminder to anyone producing any content, including medical content, why diversity is important. You’re doing a better job if you fully representing people. That can be reflected i, Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- Looking to uplevel your app promotion skills? Check out our latest blog post covering online trainings to help you grow your apps business. ➡ https://t.co/DRtNmQhOtV, Google Ads on Twitter
- More guests. More candid conversations. More myths debunked. ?️♀️ SEO Mythbusting is BACK! @g33konaut is joined this time by @stonetemple @guntreddy_05 @alexisksanders @glenngabe @rachellcostello @rustyb, Google Webmasters on Twitter
- We’d usually try to pick up the dates on a per URL basis, which should work fine for a forum where some threads are new and others older. No need to do anything special!, John Mueller on Twitter
- You don’t have to force SD into every page. It’s good to take a step back and think about where time investments make sense, where you can expect a reasonable ROI. Making visible ch, John Mueller on Twitter
- How could Google program EAT into the algo?, WebmasterWorld
- How long until improvements are visible, Local Search Forum
- I’d just link if you want to link, or embed if you want to embed. They’re different things. Content from an iframe could also be indexed as a part of the embedding page, so it, John Mueller on Twitter
- If you want something specific to happen, make it as obvious as possible. Search engines aren’t very good at reading your mind 🙂, John Mueller on Twitter
- Report: Apple antitrust probe in the US imminent, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice